The warriors are marching...... Nearly (early WIP photos)

What's going on guys, Kill3rkrok here. Just a quick update on how things are going with my warriors of chaos.

Well, just played my second game of Warhammer fantasy. 1500 points against Daemons and I must say that even when i'm just learning the rules, IT'S GREAT FUN!!

Playing with my Warriors of Chaos against Daemons it made me realize just how fun this game is, even when you are behind, outnumbered and out matched, there is something extremely satisfying about lowering a full unit of 27 bloodleters to 0 toughness and seeing them wiped off the board with a single spell (I call hacks - Zarak). My setup this time was a nurgle sorcerer lord, a block of 20 warriors and 10 war hounds. I'm beginning to really enjoy playing with nurgle and love the way that the different gods completely change the way you play your army.

There is still a lot to learn, and personally I'm ready to let myself get submersed into the hobby once again, just the smell of plastic glue brings back good memories.

I recently was given a very generous gift, a unit of warriors, by one of my best friends, and I've been working on getting them battle worthy.


So here it is, the first model I have painted in nearly 7 years....


I'ts not quite finished yet, with mostly only basecoats used. Due to having old paint, all the colours I wan't are not available yet (Time to buy me some new paints methinks) so progress is limited to metal and leather work for the time being.




So I know the paining is a little sloppy, but what else do you expect from a 7 year break...I am working on getting better. What do you think of the scheme, I wanted to hint at nurgle, hence the green fur (yes that's green),  I have found getting back into painting is pretty hard, I am a perfectionist so I want it to look perfect, but the thing I am struggling with the most is highlights, and knowing when and where to do them. This is mainly to do with the leather, especially the cloak, I don't know what to do with it.

Onto the topic of washes, currently this model has a wash of badab black for the amour , and that is it.


What I'm trying to say is that I NEED HELP, how would you guys go about improving this, any techniques, tips or general advice that you can offer up is more than appreciated.

Thanks guys, Kill3rkrok.



Comments

  1. First off, if you've got seven year old paint, and it's all crusty and dried up. Don't salvage it. Buy some new paints. (not worth the hassle, and you can't reconstitute paint).

    I think a dark wash (maybe a mud wash), on the green, followed by hitting it with your green again, would help it pop a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment